January 19, 2013

Breakfast Films

This blog is dedicated to anything and everything about mornings - before nine o'clock in the morning is our magical hour. This site is on its birthing stages - and I have been posting even if I wish not to yet until everything is finalized but I can not keep my hands off my keyboard - I feel the excitement of a first timer. I have several posts on deck that are yet to be published - breakfast finds, sunrise shots, morning events (I hope!), before nine stories (I am working with partners for several features) and I really need to apply for an internet connection already! I sneak off every Sunday morning to our friendly neighbor Seattle's Best in Quezon City to post anything about mornings - I need to be up to date and connected - always!! Ideas are running in my head: features about restaurants which serve breakfast, sunrise shots, breakfast literature (words of wisdom, books about mornings), breakfast mix tapes (just because I came across 50 First Dates OST and one song had the title Breakfast in Bed and just like that, these mix tapes just have to happen), start a breakfast club/community, go to weekend market hunts, cover fun run events or whatever-events that happen in the morning, feature bed and breakfast inns/boutique hotels for the sole reason that the word breakfast is present in bed and breakfast - gets??!! Crazy, I know. Sometimes, I stress Di (check out her pretty site) with the blog layout and the final logo and Alan for the sunrise shots and resto-photos and myself for post ideas - that I need to grab myself in the shoulders and pull myself back and gently rub my back (figuratively) and say, hey, hey, take it easy - Before Nine is your happy place, Before Nine is your happy hour - why the stress?? This is a stress-free, i-am-giving-you-a-happy-assignment-to-share-with-the-world place - and everything I (we) hope to feature here is beautiful, main mover and downright celebrations to life.

So, here we go. On to the real subject of this post.

In my before Before Nine life, I would just completely shrug them off and won't take the effort to know and to watch. But this time, it is different. I have been bugging friends for titles, DVDs or downloads of these movies because they are now must-watch for me. :) I will search the heavens and the earth to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's and The Breakfast Club.

image via film fetish
Audrey Heburn - so dainty, so classy, so fragile.

image via movie poster


Do I see a young high-school-y Emilio Esteves? I came across the film in another movie Perfect Pitch and when I read the title, it triggered my Before Nine-ness - got to watch! I won't google yet for plots and synopsis and movie reviews - I hope to keep my expectations fresh!!

So Excited!

All Sunshiny,
Tina

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!!! please watch these movies. I don't think I will ever get tired of watching The Breakfast Club. Heehee! :")

    ReplyDelete