May 20, 2013

Maple

time check: 7:43 am



The moment I learned that Pancake House gave birth to an upscale version of its classic waffles and pancakes through Maple, a dining destination in the old rich and posh Forbes Park in Makati, I shoved down and tucked in my flimsy closet my UP Teacher's Village-ness (meaning my hardcore simplicity because, fyi, I live in that part of Quezon City) and spent a sunny Sunday morning in that side of the world where someday soon I will become a part of. (Yes, that's the sunshiny spirit! :))
























My heart flipped when I saw these sexy chairs because I am a chairperson. I mean a chairwoman. Haha! I fell in love with chairs ever since I decided that my future dining area will have a long table adorned with different kinds of non-matching beautiful chairs! (My chair fascination is chronicled here). I prefer my chairs simple and with classic lines. :)























We chose the seat by the glass wall and had the view of the Sanctuario de San Antonio. It was beautiful to witness the Filipino family tradition of worshiping and praying together then sharing a sumptuous breakfast after. More than it being God's rest day, I think this is what Sundays are for: For Families. For children, more so.

What we had for breakfast?


























I was mulling over ordering Huevos Rancheros because the menu described it as "classic Mexican breakfast" (I've never had Mexican breakfast!) but decided on Prime Rib Tapa instead, "a traditional Filipino breakfast taken new heights", I don't know about you, but anything classic taken to new heights is definitely worth trying. I caution myself that this is not a food blog and what I try to write is about breakfast experience and not a post-eval of my meal (because that just ruins the magic - haha!) but may I offer a tip in ordering Prime Rib Tapa: order the rice in a separate plate.Otherwise you'll find it swimming in tapa oil and tapa sauce. It is my firm belief that rice has to maintain its pure taste because rice just balances all the goodness of all the meals in the world. Sorry noodles of China and pasta of France and bread of the mighty America, rice is the fairest of you all! *Bow!*


























Blueberry and Cream Cheese Pancake Tower - ooohhhh, it is so pretty, I do not want to eat it. But it won't serve its purpose without being a part of me so I bit and chew and swallow and felt awesome. The pancakes though tall are prepared in "smaller circles" though. Dear Maple, make your pancakes bigger, because the world needs bigger pancakes. Thank you.


























I am an espresso first timer. So when Alan's single shot espresso arrived, I teased him for paying more than a hundred peso for this pint-sized coffee. 
According to Mr. Wiki(pedia, and I quote): Espresso is a concentrated beverage brewed by forcing a small amount of nearly boiling water under pressure through finely ground coffee beans. Espresso often has a thicker consistency than coffee brewed by other methods, a higher concentration of suspended and dissolved solids, and crema (meaning cream, but being a reference to the foam with a creamy texture that forms as a result of the pressure). As a result of the pressurized brewing process the flavors and chemicals in a typical cup of espresso are very concentrated. Espresso has more caffeine per unit volume than most beverages, but the usual serving size is smaller. 
From home-barista: A single is a 0.6 to 1 ounce espresso made from 6 to 10 grams of coffee
I took a sip and liked it - it was as if I drank coffee with a teaspoon of tequila. Hmmm. :)
It was on that particular Sunday Morning when I flipped our table-assigned newspaper and read one of the most beautiful sentences ever written and was penned by Fr. Jerry Orbos and which I promise to take to heart: "When you really decide and not just wish, when you really commit and not just try, when you really take responsibility and not just hope, that's when miracles happen."


To happy mornings of making our dreams come true!!

All Sunshiny,
Tina 



Maple
2/FL San Antonio Plaza Arcade 
50 McKinley Road, Forbes Park
Makati City 

No comments:

Post a Comment